Join us on Saturday 18th November 2017 as we celebrate 10 years of the renamed Knitting History Forum and our pioneering annual Knitting History Conference!
Once again the venue is the London College of Fashion, 20 Princes St, just off Oxford Street in central London. The programme for 2017 is full and includes the following speakers:
- Maj Ringgaard on The development of stockings 1600-1800: evidence from the Copenhagen excavations
- Helena Lundin on Shipwrecked knitting: Fragments from the Swedish Seventeenth Century Flagship Kronan
- Lesley O-Connell Edwards on Of stockings and sleeves: insights from some 16th century knitted items in the Museum of London
- Matteo Molinari on Crocheting Cultures: traditional Italian crochet practice in private and public spaces in Veneto
- Barbara Smith on โWools for the Worldโ – Wakefield Greenwood of Huddersfield and
- Ruth Gilbert on A complex knitting technique from Egypt: the evidence and some ideas
- There will also be a display of British Wools by Zoe Fletcher
Registration starts from 10.30am and the KHF AGM runs from 11.00am to 12.30pm. The Knitting History Conference starts promptly in the afternoon at 1.45pm and closes at 5.30pm. Lunch is not provided so please bring your own or buy locally. Further details are available in the KHF AGM & Conference programme.
Please bring items for discussion during the morningโs Show and Tell. There will be more time for questions and general discussion from 5.15pm, after all the speakers have delivered their papers.
We welcome members and non-members alike! Conference tickets cost ยฃ35 to non-members and are available in advance or on the door, but please contact us or email ‘KHF Events & Bookings’ beforehand to let us know if you are coming. Admission is also included in Knitting History Forum membership, currently ยฃ25. If you have not joined KHF as a member, you can use the PayPal button below to buy your ticket. See payment methods page for alternative ways to pay.