You donât need to be a scholar or an expert to join the Knitting History Forum, though scholars and experts are of course welcome. You donât even have to be able to knit! We invite everyone with an interest in the history of knitting and crochet to join us. Our lively international membership includes textile specialists, historians, knitwear designers, lecturers, conservators, students, re-enactors and lovers of knitting and crochet from many walks of life.
- Free admittance to our annual Knitting History Conference in November. Itâs a great opportunity to hear speakers on all aspects of knitting history
- Preferential rates for many of our other events such as workshops and visits to museum reserve collections
- Voting rights at our AGM and the opportunity to have your say in our future
- Expanding your interest in this stimulating and varied field via our discussion group. Dedicated membersâ-only resources are also in development.
- Meeting fellow enthusiasts! KHF members are a vibrant, diverse and sociable group of people.
Knitting History Forum membership covers all this for a modest annual subscription of only ÂŁ25. The membership year runs from our AGM & Conference in November to the next.
How to Join
Download and complete a KHF membership form and post it to the address on the form. You can find the form here on the Knitting History website or at the Knitting History Yahoo group. Alternatively, get in touch through our Contact page, selecting âKHF Membershipâ, and request a form by email. If paying the annual fee by cheque you can send it with the form. See below for other ways to pay.
How to Pay
Payment must be made in pounds Sterling. The most convenient means in the UK is direct bank transfer. You can also pay by cheque, or in cash at some events or by prior arrangement with our Treasurer. See payment methods for more information.
Alternatively, we accept credit and debit card payments through PayPal. If you do not have a PayPal account, you can still pay securely. Please use the button below:
For news, updates and details of forthcoming KHF meetings and other events please see Knitting History News.