Details of the Knitting History Forum Conference have now been confirmed. The speakers and papers on Saturday 17th November 2018 will be
- Annemor SundbĂ¸, textile designer and author on Everyday knitting in Norway – treasures from the ragpile
- Celia Pym, textile and knitting artist on The Norwegian Sweater: Darning Damage
- Rachael Matthews, knitter, craftivist, artist and author on Knitting effect, wellbeing and health
- Cary Karp, independent scholar on Investigating 19th Century âTricot ecossaisâ and âCrochet Ă la Tricoterâ
- Jana Trepte, student at Kiel University on Piecing the Bremen waistcoat together: an everyday knitted garment of the early 1600s
- Eleanor Reed, PhD graduate in domestic culture on Post austerity consumerism and thrift â 1958 knitting patterns in Womanâs Weekly
- Lorna Hamilton-Brown, artist and Royal College of Art MA graduate on Black people donât knit?
For more information download the 2018 Knitting History Forum Conference programme and book your place here.